Make a difference by volunteering at Hope
When you donate your time, skills and energy to Hope, you’re making a huge impact. Volunteering at Hope gives you a unique opportunity to positively affect the lives of patients and their families. This rewarding experience gives you a way to help people when they are truly in need.
Volunteers deliver an extra level of care to patients
Even the simplest of gestures — reading to or talking with someone —has a meaningful impact. Our volunteers provide immeasurable support to patients, and their family members, by:
- Visiting with patients
- Providing alternative therapies
- Giving family caregivers much-needed relief
- Delivering meals
- Supporting the work of Hope by helping in the office
- Sharing strategies on how to improve interaction with loved ones who have dementia
- Providing grief support to those who have lost a loved one
There are many opportunities for you to contribute your time and talents. Learn more about our volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers support our commitment to caring
Hope patient care volunteers help patients and their families, in many different ways. Whether you’re interacting with patients, escorting a canine companion to visit patients or helping in the office or special event, all you really need is compassion and a desire to serve. Our volunteers:
- Are sensitive to the needs of others
- Have an open and compassionate heart
- Are excellent listeners
- Never judge the beliefs and lifestyles of others
- Have sufficiently resolved any long-term or recent losses
We request a commitment of one to two hours per week, while working with and accommodating your schedule. Other volunteer requirements include:
- Successfully completing an application, interview and background check
- Finishing a volunteer orientation session
- Completing an on-line volunteer hospice training
Please join our volunteer team. Our programs are growing and we need the support of volunteers to deliver the very best care to patients. You can learn more about our volunteer program by visiting our FAQ page or contacting the volunteer director at (925) 829-8770. When you’re ready to serve, fill out a volunteer application.