For people who have experienced the death of a loved one, the winter holiday season can be painful, especially for those navigating the first year of loss. Hope Hospice has annually offered a special Handling the Holidays workshop to teach healthy coping strategies to help the bereaved during this difficult time. With physical distancing still essential in our region, Hope will present the workshop virtually this year through Zoom. As always, the program is offered to the local public at no cost.
The program is offered twice (content is the same):
• November 12, 6–7:30 p.m.
• December 7, 2–3:30 p.m.
Space is limited, so those interested are asked to call our Grief Support Department at (925) 829-8770 as soon as possible to secure a spot. Even though the program is virtual this year, we still limit the number of participants due to the interactive nature of the program.
The program will:
• Provide ways to manage grief at family gatherings and social events
• Help participants explore fear, anxiety, or strong emotions connected to the holiday season and the loss they may be feeling
• Explore exit strategies for unexpected grief bursts
• Provide practical ideas to help make holiday preparations less overwhelming
• Invite the exchange of ideas to memorialize lost loved ones at holiday gatherings
• Present self-care techniques to help make the holidays more tolerable, even enjoyable