Grief support for those who have lost a loved one
The death of a loved one can leave you feeling alone, confused and isolated. Sharing your grief with those who have a common experience can be very healing — for you and for them. Our grief support groups and classes offer an environment of hope, acceptance and cooperative learning.
This is a structured, safe space where you can:
- Be in community with other grieving individuals
- Share your grief story
- Learn coping strategies
- Support one another
Our groups and classes give you an opportunity to talk with others who have a similar grief experience. Hope’s grief counselors can help you decide which groups or classes will be most useful. Learn more about our Grief Support Offerings below. For up-to-date information on meeting times and locations, click the name of the group. You may also view our Calendar of Events.
Adult (18+) Grief Support Groups
Drop-In Groups – No registration required
- General Grief – Ongoing group meets twice per month to support to anyone grieving the death of someone close to them.
8-Week Support Groups – Pre-registration required
- Spouse and Partner Loss – Grief support for those who have experienced the death of a spouse or partner.
- Parent Loss – Grief support for any adult who has experienced the death of one or both parents.
10-Week Support Groups — Pre-registration required
- Child Loss – Grief support for adults who have experienced the loss of a child, no matter the age of the child.
Adult (18+) Grief Classes and Workshops – Pre-registration required
Understanding Grief Class – A 90-minute class discussing grief and its natural process, as well as a broad range of common grief reactions.
Handling the Holidays Class – A 90-minute class discussing grief and how to cope during the holiday season.
Creative Art Workshop – A four-hour workshop to support the expression of grief in intuitive and artistic ways, using the creative process and shared experiences.
Children and Teen (5–18) Grief Support – Please call for more information
Hope’s grief counselors can help you decide which support group or class will be most useful. These services are subject to change without advanced notice. Please call (925) 829-8770 for more information and current schedules.