If you have experienced the death of a loved one, the decor and carols that echo through the shopping malls can be painful reminders that the season won’t be the same. Holidays may bring forth powerful memories that can trigger your grief. It is important to find ways to take care of yourself during this time. Please join us to talk about ideas and choices that can make a difference in the way you handle the holidays.
Handling the Holidays workshop will:
- Provide ways to manage grief at family or social events
- Help participants explore fear, anxiety, or strong emotions connected to the holiday season and the loss they may be feeling
- Explore exit strategies for unexpected grief bursts
- Provide practical ideas to help make holiday preparations less overwhelming
- Invite the exchange of ideas to memorialize lost loved ones at holiday gatherings
- Present self-care techniques to help make the holidays more tolerable, even enjoyable
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Location: Grief Support Center
6377 Clark Avenue, 2nd Floor
Dublin, CA 94568
We offer two sessions for this workshop to accommodate your schedule. Click here to download PDF.