- Provides services related to hospice and end of life care, assesses patient needs and anticipates service requirements. Coordinates with hospice social workers, case managers and applicable ancillary staff regarding hospice care services.
- Makes visits to hospice patients as delegated by the Medical Director. Visits may include home visits (alternating months with MD if patient is in a Skilled Nursing Facility), initial visits, face to face encounters and visits for symptom management. Makes information visits to patients, as needed.
- Performs initial and on-going medication reviews with appropriate documentation as directed by Medical Director.
- Prescribes medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed; orders, performs, and interprets laboratory and radiology tests; orders treatments and durable medical equipment as indicated.
- Current Nurse Practitioner License with furnishing privileges in state of California
- Active DEA Certificate for controlled substances (schedule II and higher)
- Prefer a minimum one year Nurse Practitioner experience; previous hospice experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification; current driver license.
To apply for a position please send your cover letter and resume to:
6377 Clark Avenue, Suite 100
Dublin, CA 94568-3024
Fax to: (925) 829-0868
Hope Hospice, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship.